Saturday, February 1, 2014

New addition to my family

On January 1st, 2014, another ray of sunshine came into the world, a little ray of sunshine in the shape of a girl...yes, my latest grand baby is a girl...and she put in an appearance 4 weeks early.  So now, without further adieu, I announce to you, Justice Ella G************ (Surname isn't that many characters, but just protecting the familia!)





She is a good baby and ever so pretty, so we'll keep her lol  I know it took me a while to put the pic up, but I wanted to wait till I knew everything was ok first.

As she's so tiny, I wanted to make her a little dress that would fit her, so I made her one of those cross over pinafore jobbies!  Here it is:


For most of you who know me, you will know I profess to NOT doing clothes, however, how could I resist, and I'd had this Birdie fabric obviously in preparation for Justice's arrival.   I did plan on making a quilt with it, but I think it looks quite cute as a dress, don't ya think?

I'm off on Monday to spend some time with her, her big sister TaShie and her Mum n Dad....back on 12th Feb...but will try and post some pics of my 3 gorgeous girls while I'm away.

Due to me going away, and trying to get everything ready, and dealing with the heatwaves we've been having here of late, I haven't organised/made anything for my Birthday (in 21 days!) this year, so it might be a little late....or maybe I'll be able to quickly rustle something up between now and Monday so I can pop it on the blog...so stay tuned....that's if anyone still reads my blog.

For those experiencing the Polar Vortex, stay safe and warm, and for those in my neck of the woods, drink plenty of water, stay cool and keep an eye on kids, oldies and pets....for they can suffer so badly in this weather.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations! How wonderful. A very cute dress you have made for her too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nomes, Justice is gorgeous, and well done you in making such a pretty little dress. Heat!! I am so over this summer, and we have all of this month to contend with yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big congratulations to you and your family…Justice is adorable!!! Hope you'll post a pic of her in her new dress :) Enjoy your visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, your new granddaughter is beautiful. Love the name Justice too. The little dress is beautiful. I am sure she will look gorgeous in it....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new granddaughter is very lovely! And what a terrific name; Justice Ella is not one I have ever heard before. I like it. :) The little pinafore is just darling too.

    Take care,
    Susan in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous little angel you have there. So much joy in a tiny bundle. Love the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Justice's is beautiful, just a little bundle of gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Justice is adorable! And her wee dress is lovely, well done Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww she is just precious :) and love the little birdie dress :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments and will try to respond to each and every one.