I love getting surprises in the post...who doesn't right?
Here's the way the PIF Swap will work:
- Sign up end on January 31, 2010.
- To Join simply comment to this post with your email.
- Grab the button to pop on your blog (sorry it's not jazzier, but hey, I made it myself in Word...lol) with a link to this post.
- By joining, you agree to make and send a gift for X amount of people (depending on how many sign up for it) some time in the coming year of 2010.....for example if 8 people sign up, I will split them into 2 groups of 4....each person in each of the groups...makes 3 gifts and sends them to the other members....doesn't need to be the same gift either....and in return you will receive 3 handmade gifts.
- Because of high postage costs....please state whether you only wish to mail within your home country or are happy to mail overseas.....I'll do my best to accomodate everyone's wishes, but can't 100% guarantee that I'll be able to, however, I'll give people the option to change their preference or pull out if I can't accomodate your selection.
- On Feb 1st 2010, I will email you with the other members in your groups email addresses so that you may contact them for more information about them.
- To keep this fair, please only send 1 gift to each person....that way, everyone is only receiving one item from each sender.....remember NO ADD ON Gifts please.
- You may use any fabric or fibres you choose, so long as the gifts you send, is something you'd be happy to receive yourself. At some point or another, we've all been stung in a swap, unless you're one of the very elite few, who haven't, and I want people to enjoy this PIF Swap and have fun participating...and that includes you.
- Every member should make however many items for the remaining members of your group (after you remove yourself from the amount) and you should also receive the same amount of items.
- If you sign up, please be faithful to complete your items, we don't want anyone disappointed. If you decide after you've finished five that you would like to do more...then go ahead! Just let me know each time you need a new address.
- Also, if you're happy to be an Angel - just in case anything happens to any of the participants, and they can't fulfill their part of the PIF Swap, please let me know when you sign up.....but hopefully, we won't need to call on your generous nature.
At this stage, that's all I can think of.....I'll make any amendments as they arise. Don't forget, this Swap with a difference will begin on Feb 1st 2010, but you have almost a year to complete it, so don't delay and sign up today, to avoid missing out.
***Amendment*** I have succumbed to pressure (From Khristina) to change the name on this....so it's now the SWAP WITH A DIFFERENCE.....the difference part comes in because you have 11 months to finalise the swap with all your partners, plus you have more than one partner (oooh sounds kind of wrong when I put it like that hey?) to send to. Dated 18/12/2009