Thursday, September 15, 2011

Ya just gotta love Spam Emails


I couldn't resist sharing with you, an email I just received....someone who wasn't 'net-savvy' could be taken in by this email.....but for us 'veterans' it's really quite laughable.....I mean I with all my blonde brain traits, managed to find out that if I clicked forward and checking the properties (email address) of the sender, the email would go to an address in the UK.....my Paypal account isn't in the UK for starters.....then another 'heads up' was the fact that the email said "Dear PayPal Costumer" does that mean that PayPal gets me to make all their costumes? If so, when will I be getting my pay cheques! What a loser (or perhaps bunch of losers) that try and set up a scam to obtain peoples' information, and they can't even be bothered to do a spell check before hitting send.....quite laughable don't you think?

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Maybe some prison costumes would be appropriate for these folks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol ... perhaps an English dictionary might be of use for them?! Of course if you were entrepreneurial you could sell them one, them sending money by PayPal of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nomes, I get a lot of junk mail. Gee It seems a few times, I have won the UK lottery and I haven't even bought a ticket. Then some person in Africa, who is incredibly wealthy and dying of cancer wants to leave her millions to little old me! I can't remember how many messages I have rec'd telling me if I don't give all my info, my hotmail account will be cancelled. These pathetic creeps should get a life, or better still get HONEST paid work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you all totally, we have better things to do with our time than, play with scams.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Legitimate emails from PayPal will have your name in the subject line - I'm pretty sure I read this on the PayPal site somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  6. its amazing what we get,i am a millionaire 10 times over ,lol,if i was to believe them,but i do feel for people that get sucked in

    ReplyDelete
  7. Problem is they get the info they need often enough from those who are unaware of the devious cruel lying and evil people out there. My poor nan had someone calling from "Microsoft Support Centre" and after a phone call, they had remote access to her computer and implanted bugs in here system which eventually read all her passwords, bank account details, everything. I also deal with them on the phone almost every day in my job. They really are evil!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments and will try to respond to each and every one.