Monday, March 22, 2010

Smurf bag all done

Raelenes' youngest daughter (Ms 20 yr old) wanted a Smurf bag to replace the last bag Raelene made her, and as we couldn't find any smurf fabric (that wasn't ridiculously priced that is), we had to rely on applique.....the bag was a joint effort....Raelene made the bag, and I did the applique...on one side it has a smurf and on the other, it has smurfette....as you can see from the above pics.....the fabric scraps I used for the smurfs, weren't fully compatible with the fabric used for the bag....BUT it passes the one metre rule (ie you can't see any faults with it from a metre away....lol) and as this is a truly unique bag, Amanda should love it.....fingers crossed....and here's hoping she doesn't lose this bag.

Hugs
Naomi

9 comments:

  1. ooh lovely dont know how you find the time to do all these projects, i have a couple of machine embroidery smurf patterns if she loses it again happy to put some on fabric for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im sure she will love it you two have done a great job and I see a zip in the bag as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep you girls have done a wonderful job, the bag fabric looks interesting, is it a suede?
    hugs
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done..she will love it.
    Khris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Nome!
    that is one beautiful bag and the smurfette and smurf applique is really nice...I love it! and I saw it close up...lol!

    hugz
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter (well eldest daughter) is nuts for the Smurfs! Where can I get a pattern for them????
    Or did you just make them up?
    The bag is gorgeous BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful joint effort! And I love that "1 metre rule" might have to use it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a ton of work. I think she will be very happy with it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments and will try to respond to each and every one.