Sunday, January 31, 2010

Swap with a difference (previously known as PIF with a difference!)

***Please note, sign ups for the swap are now closed***
I had participated in the regular PIF in 2009 for the first time....and whilst I enjoyed it, it was a struggle finding the 3 people you need to sign up....then whilst blog hopping the other day, I found a site that holds PIF's with a twist....and I tell you, I've been tossing up whether to host one or not, and have decided that I will.

I love getting surprises in the post...who doesn't right?

Here's the way the PIF Swap will work:

  • Sign up end on January 31, 2010.
  • To Join simply comment to this post with your email.
  • Grab the button to pop on your blog (sorry it's not jazzier, but hey, I made it myself in Word...lol) with a link to this post.
  • By joining, you agree to make and send a gift for X amount of people (depending on how many sign up for it) some time in the coming year of 2010.....for example if 8 people sign up, I will split them into 2 groups of 4....each person in each of the groups...makes 3 gifts and sends them to the other members....doesn't need to be the same gift either....and in return you will receive 3 handmade gifts.
  • Because of high postage costs....please state whether you only wish to mail within your home country or are happy to mail overseas.....I'll do my best to accomodate everyone's wishes, but can't 100% guarantee that I'll be able to, however, I'll give people the option to change their preference or pull out if I can't accomodate your selection.
  • On Feb 1st 2010, I will email you with the other members in your groups email addresses so that you may contact them for more information about them.
  • To keep this fair, please only send 1 gift to each person....that way, everyone is only receiving one item from each sender.....remember NO ADD ON Gifts please.
  • You may use any fabric or fibres you choose, so long as the gifts you send, is something you'd be happy to receive yourself. At some point or another, we've all been stung in a swap, unless you're one of the very elite few, who haven't, and I want people to enjoy this PIF Swap and have fun participating...and that includes you.
  • Every member should make however many items for the remaining members of your group (after you remove yourself from the amount) and you should also receive the same amount of items.
  • If you sign up, please be faithful to complete your items, we don't want anyone disappointed. If you decide after you've finished five that you would like to do more...then go ahead! Just let me know each time you need a new address.
  • Also, if you're happy to be an Angel - just in case anything happens to any of the participants, and they can't fulfill their part of the PIF Swap, please let me know when you sign up.....but hopefully, we won't need to call on your generous nature.

At this stage, that's all I can think of.....I'll make any amendments as they arise. Don't forget, this Swap with a difference will begin on Feb 1st 2010, but you have almost a year to complete it, so don't delay and sign up today, to avoid missing out.

***Amendment*** I have succumbed to pressure (From Khristina) to change the name on this....so it's now the SWAP WITH A DIFFERENCE.....the difference part comes in because you have 11 months to finalise the swap with all your partners, plus you have more than one partner (oooh sounds kind of wrong when I put it like that hey?) to send to. Dated 18/12/2009

Hugs
Naomi

18 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea. Include me in. I will post a blog and link to help spread the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know....there's a few people signed up already, but to protect people from spammers, I haven't published their comments that openly display their emails. Hope you understand....I'm only trying to protect everyone. Please think about signing up, we can have some fun, and get to take our time completing the swap....no rush deadlines to adhere to. Hugs Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog, and leave a nice comment for me ;)
    Yor´re really far away from here, and its so nice that blogging makes things and people nearer, if its correct to say so ;)

    Hugs from me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Naomi, I'm sorry, but I'm already involved in another PIF, thank you for remanding me about that! I just wanted to check if you were ok and if your thigh is better now

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, thank you for following my blog....you're very welcome!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok I'm in... you have my email DT1!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! The pressure! I'm in! LOL! Oh and I better say international is OK since I have a couple of sisters there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this sounds great, no pressure and lots of fun. I think overseas is fine for me. Glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Count me in too, I would be happy to swap overseas also. Sounds like it is going to be fun.

    Cheers,
    Bobbie
    www.bobbieashley.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Count me in and glad tht you joined my blog. I am thrilled to be getting to know you. What a neat idea this is!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a fun adventure to take on. Count me in too.
    Oh, and thank you for your visit to my blog. Good way to stir the pot and get things happening with your exchange. I will have to remember that one. Heheh. I look forward to all the different exchanges of talent and artistic applications.
    Have a great day and I want to invite all of your fellow bloggers to visit me at mine and I will do the same. This is going to be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Naomi! Thank you so much for the comment on my blog. Yanno, you were 100% right, it was the hanger LOL

    I look forward to keeping up with your posts here. I have so enjoyed the ones I have read thus far. =:o)

    Xoxoxxx Ree

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey,

    I am looking forward to getting to know you all and participating in this swap, it sounds great!

    Sue
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, count me in too! With 11 months to complete it takes the pressure off a little with so many other swaps, crafting, sewing & work committments.
    I would prefer to swap in Australia.
    Thanks,
    Natalie (nattyj@aanet.com.au)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Naomi, thanks for participating in my giveaway. That's how I found your blog and this swap. OWOH really works. I'd love to be in this swap if it's not too late. International for me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi
    I have never participated in a swap and like to be in. This will get my butt out of the couch and start some serious sewing. I'm from Singapore and will do international. Cheers.
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Naomi, I sent you a e-mail regarding the PIF hope you recieved it this time, looking forward to starting but a little nervous lol
    kind thoughts Sue

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sue Niven here,
    I have all the names in my list and see that you are one of my group swap partners.
    I am looking forward to learning more about you through your blog so that i can make a great gift for you.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments and will try to respond to each and every one.