Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hot off the press! A Flower Brooch


This is my first ever fabric flower....I'd seen a few different tutorials online, and finally plucked up the courage to try one....these are a GREAT stash/scrap buster.....I cut the floral fabric petals out of some squares I've collected.....ok, you got me, they're the corner cut outs of bags...lol So I'm thinking there will be a few more of these to follow....am even going to have a whirl at turning one into a fridge magnet too....I think they'd be pretty on your fridge hey?

This one will more than likely end up on a bag....seens as though I just love making bags! I might have to try different shape petals once I've perfected the art of these ones that is!

Hugs and Happy Australia Day
Naomi
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. Hey, I like that! Might have to "steal" the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They certainly are cute Naomi. I bet they will be easy to sell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done....very florally...LOL
    Hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make nice hair clips/scrunchies too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fabulous Naomi! You did a great job. Those flowers can be used for lots of stuff. Looks nice as a purse decoration too!
    Happy Aussie Day!
    hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it! Everything you try your hand at works out well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your flower, Naomi. I think you're a very creative person. I enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments and will try to respond to each and every one.