Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Owl Blocks I've finished for the Pins & Needles Swap

There they are in all their glory peoples....that's as good as my quilting/patchworking abilities will do for now......I plan to practice alot more in the coming years, as whilst these are 'okay', they're not brilliant and that's what I aim to achieve...eventually. Click on the collage photo above to make the image bigger.

I've had alot of fun making them.....matching up colours (did I do ok do you think?) and trying to get those pesky seams on the 9 patch's to line up!

The following is the first one I made, but I wasn't sure I wanted to make all of them with those eyes, so adapted the pattern and made the half asleep eyes instead....this one is for the hostess, so she had something a little different!



Hugs
Naomi

13 comments:

  1. Naomi, I love, love, love these cuties. You are far too hard on yourself my friend. Get thee to the sewing machine and make a quilt. Nothing wrong with these. Remember, only the Gods are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are certainly cute! For owls! ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Naomi.... you have done well.
    Hugs
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Owl blocks Noami. I like variation you did on the eyes. You made them look really cute! Regards,

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a wonderful job on them.

    Love the owl pattern, is its yours??? I have been looking for one forever for my future daughter in law, at least if my son will ever propose, LOL

    Blessings,
    Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Naomi you did such a good job with these owls and the colour choices were just right...good on you for such a good job
    Owl Hugs
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are adorable Naomi!! I would never guess you aren't a seasoned piecer!!
    hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Naomi....I think my favourite is the red and blue/aqua coloured one....is that mine? LOL...hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you did a great job! One of the first things I noticed was how well done the colour matching was. Then I had a close up of your owl appliques and fell in love with how cute they are.

    Now I cant wait to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have done a great job on the blocks Naomi - very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You should be pleased with them all eh, you did a good job on them and the colours are pretty spot on

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are clearly adorable! I would be more than happy to receive these - what a great job you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness those are so cute. I love owls, there aren't too any patterns with owls.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments and will try to respond to each and every one.