Thursday, May 27, 2010

Seeking the name of a designer.

Just recently, a friend gave me the instructions to make the above block, but no matter how hard we looked, we couldn't find the name of the designer.....we'd like to find her or him, so that we can give credit to them for such a great block.

Isn't it just cute? The outer wings are dresden plates.....woo hoo I've finally done dresdens! I still have to blanket stitch around the butterfly, but it's on the background at least...oh and I have to do the antennae stitching as well.

The block instructions were given to my friend about 10 years or so ago, so perhaps the designer may not be alive any longer, I hope so though.

If you happen to know who designed this block, please let me know and if you have contact details for them, I'd love to show them my block.....even after all these years, it's still popular.

Hugs
Naomi

12 comments:

  1. What a lovely butterfly pattern! I do hope you find out who the designer is Naomi. Lovely fabrics you have chosen. Regards, Nessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely!
    What is a dresden plate??? Obviously something I havn't done yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I have no idea but will keep an eye out for you. This block is absolutely wonderful and your fabric combination works perfectly. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For anyone wondering what was said in the comment above this, I just translated it (thank you google translate!) and she said it's a beautiful butterfly. Thanks Kelebek. Hugs Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure but this might be anna lena

    You can see her here
    http://www.annalena.com/

    I met her at our last quilt bazaar it looks like her style but not sure

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha ha whoops I thought you meant the fabric not the design.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty butterfly block. I have no idea who designed it and looks like no one else does.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was looking around the web and ran across your blog. Will you share the butterfly pattern? It is so adorable.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could Jan, but if you read this post http://beeshebags.blogspot.com/2010/07/one-step-closerwoo-hoo.html , there is a link to the site where you can buy the templates. Good luck and I apologise for answering you this way, but you left no way of me contacting you. Hugs Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Naomi,
    Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I found the templates and plan on starting the butterflies soon. I have enjoyed reading your blog and will return.
    Thanks, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this was made with set of templates from Marti Michelle. I have the set and it is similar to one in the booklet. http://www.frommarti.com/dresden.shtml

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments and will try to respond to each and every one.