Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Travel gifts for our next door neighbours.

First gift is a travel organiser.....which I found on someone's blog....sorry I can't find what I did with the link.....if this looks familiar, please let me know where it's from, so I can give credit to the owner of the tutorial (or I may find it again myself!) Above shows the outside, and the following pic, shows the inside. Edited a few minutes after posting to show that the travel organiser tute I used, was here


Next up I made them each a luggage label and a passport holder.....the blue check passport holders and stripey luggage tags are for the males, and the bright green print in both items, are for the 'ladies'.....they seemed to like it all when I gave it to them. They're heading off to Germany in about 3 weeks time....and unless we haven't found somewhere to move to, we'll have moved by the time they get back. At least this way, they'll have something to remember us by.

So, what do you think? The luggage tags were made very loosely based on a tutorial by Kelly Jackon ( I think...lol I've had it a while now) and the passport cover was from the tutorial you can find here Jessica is in Perth, Western Australia, so I knew it would fit an Aussie passport. Thanks for such a quick and easy tute Jessica.

Hugs
Naomi

5 comments:

  1. I think I want to be your neighbor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty.. they are not going to lose it in a hurry... it's very bright! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great gift for those who do travel a lot. Thanks for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.....what an excellent job! I like them both! The sleeve and the organizer but I need help to make the travel organizer! Plz plz answer these questions for me if possible for you:
    Thank you in advance! :)
    1) What kind of fabric did you use to make this? Cotton or some other thicker fabric? Kindly suggest.
    2) Did you use any kind of canvas or padding to add sturdiness to the organizer?
    3) Can you explain the zipper part of the tutorial to me? I read it many times but am still confused as to how to do it.

    Thank you so much in advance! Cheers

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments and will try to respond to each and every one.